NSRMCA Research Assistant
NSRMCA is the national trade association for the surface transportation companies that contract with the United States Postal Service to move mail and packages between USPS facilities throughout the nation. Its members include multi-generational family-owned businesses, some of the nation’s largest trucking and logistics companies, and small trucking operations based throughout the United States. Collectively, NSRMCA members manage at least $4 billion in USPS transportation contracts.
The United States Postal Service is undergoing one of the most significant changes in corporate history. The Delivering for America plan calls for extensive capital investments, a complete network redesign, and significant changes to how the Postal Service contracts for and manages transportation.
Research assistants will report to Greg Reed, NSRMCA’s Executive Director, and help track and synthesize industry developments to help educate NSRMCA members. The position requires 10-15 hours a week and can be fully remote. Familiarity with the transportation industry is desirable, but not required.
Successful candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university.
- Effective writing and analytical skills to summarize industry issues and developments.
- Capable of synthesizing information from a variety of sources.
- Willingness to dive into unfamiliar topics and understand how they impact NSRMCA members.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to fulfilling all of the objectives of a given project.
- Confidence in public speaking and facilitating discussions with NSRMCA staff and members.
To apply, send an email to Greg Reed (GregReed@nsrmca.org) along with a cover letter, brief writing sample, and resume.