NSRMCA Legal Research Intern
NSRMCA is the national trade association for the surface transportation companies that contract with the United States Postal Service to move mail and packages between USPS facilities throughout the nation. Its members range from small trucking operations to some of the largest surface transportation companies in the nation.
These companies, in serving the United States Postal Service, must also grapple with an ever-changing state and federal legal landscape for transportation companies. NSRMCA wants to ensure that its members remain abreast of prevailing transportation, safety, and labor laws so that they can continue to successfully support the Postal Service.
The legal research interns will report to Greg Reed, NSRMCA’s Executive Director, and help provide legal updates and analysis at the state and federal level. The position requires 15-20 hours a week and can be fully remote. Familiarity with transportation law is desirable, but not required.
Successful candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Currently enrolled in an accredited law school within the United States.
- Consistent attention to detail and the ability to track legal developments over the course of several months.
- Concise, organized, and coherent writing ability and analytical skills to communicate legal developments and issues.
- Effective time-management skills.
- Efficient legal research strategies.
- Strong issue identification with unfamiliar industries and areas of law.
To apply, send an email to Greg Reed (GregReed@nsrmca.org) along with a cover letter, brief writing sample, and resume.