NSRMCA Events Intern
NSRMCA is the national trade association for the surface transportation companies that contract with the United States Postal Service to move mail and packages between USPS facilities throughout the nation. NSRMCA hosts several (in-person and virtual) events a year to support this $6 billion industry and the Postal Service. The NSRMCA events interns will assist in the development and preplanning of NSRMCA events. Interns will also assist with the execution of NSRMCA events and with post-event follow-up. The interns will report to Becca Blay, NSRMCA’s Director of Events and Industry Engagement. The role requires between 10-15 hours a week and is primarily a remote-working position. To apply, email Becca Blay (BeccaBlay@nsrmca.org) with a cover letter and your resume.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- In the process of earning a bachelor’s degree.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office programs.
- Able to work independently and with a team.
- Creative, proactive and an enthusiastic team player with a positive and self-starter attitude.
- Comfortable with multitasking in a deadline-driven, dynamic work environment.
- Highly motivated and organized.
- Must have excellent customer service skills when speaking with Members, Sponsors and Event Attendees.
- Assist in sponsorship identification and tracking.
- Assist in vendor/exhibitor identification and tracking.
- Assist in the planning of upcoming in-person conferences and special events therein.
- Track event spending and budgets.
- Respond to attendee questions and concerns.
- Research offerings at other industry-peer events.